Chinese model Kiki Kang (Chinese name: Kang Qian Wen) is getting a lot of buzz as one of the top new models to break out in the fashion industry. KCD casting director Michelle Lee (who’s in charge of picking models for the Marc Jacobs shows) named Kang one of the top fresh faces to appear on the fall 2010 fashion week runways. In the Feb. 2010 issue, Vogue China featured Kang as one of the up-and-coming models to follow the footsteps of current top Chinese models Liu Wen and Du Juan. On top of all of that, Kang has also appeared in TopShop’s Spring 2010 campaign. Just from looking at the photos of Kang, I can definitely see her appeal, as she has a very unique look for an Asian woman—in certain photos, she even appears multi-ethnic, with a resemblance to half-Korean Chanel Iman‘s facial structure. What do you guys think? Does she have “the look” to make it big in the high fashion world? Check out photos of Kang after the jump.
October 26, 2009
February 16, 2010
About the Author
- “We did it”—Reflections on Kamala Harris: How we will celebrate her and hold her accountable as our new VP
- Farewell 2020 and Hello 2021 from Mochi
- SPONSORED POST: 9 Resources for Asian American Parents
- December 2020 Resource Roundup: Gift Guide Black-Owned Businesses
- JS Lee and “Everyone Was Falling” Before the 2016 Election
Join the Mochi Family
Let's stay in touch.
Get the best of Mochi straight to your inbox!
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.