Colder temperatures don’t require choosing between flaky skin or heavy, mask-like moisturizers. Below are innovative Asian skincare products you should be adding to your cold weather arsenal.
While people with dry skin can often do well with very dense moisturizing creams, those with oily or acne prone skin might prefer something lighter. To ensure your skin is hydrated, try using a moisturizing toner or essence before your normal moisturizer for an additional layer of moisture. Here are a few recommendations:
- [getty src=”114857756″ width=”507″ height=”338″ tld=”com”]
Essential skin mists
Skincare is often broken up into morning and nighttime routines, but when the air is really dry, you might need something in between to tie you over. Opt for a portable skin mist to refresh your skin throughout the day and prevent your makeup from flaking.
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist – This beauty blogger favorite contains 20 percent botanical oils and humectants that impart a glow to your skin. Plus, the glass packaging is absolutely divine, so you’ll look forward to taking this out of your makeup bag.
- Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Mist – This popular formula contains fermented yeast extract and promises to prevent wrinkles in addition to adding moisture.
- Innisfree Olive Real Oil Mist – Made with olive fruit oil and various other botanical oils, this is a skin-saver for people with dry skin types. The best part? It’ll only set you back $10.
If you’re a devoted skincare fanatic, you probably have a stash of sheet masks already. But masking isn’t just for your face—there are a lot of other parts of your skin that need healing, especially in cold weather, such as your lips, feet, and nails.
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask – The skin on your lips is especially thin and sensitive to cold weather and nobody likes the look or feeling of chapped lips. To amp up the moisture, consider replacing your regular lip balm with this overnight lip mask a few times a week. This also contains Vitamin C to gently exfoliate your lips while you snooze.
- Tony Moly Foot Peeling Shoes – When we think skincare, we usually don’t think about our feet. Slip your feet into these slippers for an hour, and in four to six days, all the dead skin will fall away to reveal smooth skin.
- KOCOSTAR Nail Therapy – Our hands need to be moisturized constantly because we wash them so often. Prevent painful cuticle cracks with these mini finger masks that are formulated with shea butter to nourish and aloe to soothe.