Who knew that old kicks, previously relegated to the gym locker, would become every fashion blogger’s must-have item? Sneakers were everywhere last year, and they’re here to stay. Whether it’s revamped classics like the Adidas Original Superstars, or new editions of the Nike Roshe Runs, everyone is sporting a pair of these versatile shoes. Say hello to stylish and comfy feet.
1. Adidas Originals Superstar (Urban Outfitters, $80)
2. New Balance 620 Classics 70s runner sneaker (Urban Outfitters, $80)
3. Nike Roshe Run (Nike, $75)
4. Jack Purcell tumbled leather (Converse, $80)
5. Vans Sunflower slip on (Vans, $55)
Refined and low-key, pointed flats are the feminine alternatives to the classic, round-toed ballet flat. These come in many shapes and forms, from loafers to strappy flats, and it’s not difficult to find one in your favorite color. What’s more, this shoe elongates the foot to give off a sophisticated air without the discomfort of skyrocketing heels.
6. Sweet Mango open side ankle strap flats (Yesstyle, $69)
7. Zara ankle strap flats (Zara, $60)
8. Zara Shiny D’orsay shoes (Zara, $40)
9. Cheap Monday Point cut (Solestruck, $90)
10. Klare2 Marble razor sole sandals (Topshop, $85)
Knee-high lace-ups made an appearance on the 2015 runways, but we’re here to bring you the simpler and more practical rendition: the ankle-length gladiator. Embrace your inner bohemian with these warrior-like sandals. They’ll help you stand out in a good way and complement your outfit—whether a maxi dress or baggy denim—without making you look out of touch with the real world.
11. Emma Go. lucite black gladiators (Pixie Market, $99)
12. Pixie Market white gladiator platform buckled sandals (Pixie Market, $68)
13. Cheap Monday Savior velcro (Solestruck, $70)
14. Sam Edelman Adora Liquid sandal (Urban Outfitters, $90)
15. Roscha Croc Effect high sandals (Topshop, $90)
Meet the quirky cousin of the platform shoe. Part wedge and part flat, “flatforms” have a chunky but un-arched bottom that builds height without putting extra stress on the feet. We love their menswear-inspired coolness. The next time you’re putting on a suit, consider ditching your heels for a pair of these.
16. Pixie Market black lug sole platform sandals (Pixie Market, $79)
17. Nasty Gal Take to the Sky flatform (Nasty Gal, $78)
18. T.U.K. X Hello Kitty Toys Mondo Creepers (Solestruck, $90)
19. Mancienne Metallic Platform Oxford shoes (Yesstyle, $31)
20. Silence + Noise Monk strap flatform shoe (Urban Outfitters, $69)
Original photos provided by Popbee, Yesstyle, and Pixie Market
Art design by Lindsey Kim
Last modified: April 15, 2015