Do you remember our triple-threat cover girl Katie Chang? The last time we spoke to Chang, she was gearing up to star in Oscar-winning director Sophia Coppola’s new film, “The Bling Ring”, a Hollywood interpretation of the pack of high school students who orchestrated mass robberies in celebrity homes, such as Paris Hilton and Rachel Bilson. The highly anticipated film premiered at the Cannes Film Festival today with positive reviews. While the film reveals the obvious effects of superficiality and the desire to be rich, famous, and fashionable, it also sheds light on the true fears and personalities of the characters. In the end, the bling ring does get caught and they’ve essentially become famous for their crimes. But just how much would you pay the price (between life and life in jail) for your 15 minutes of fame?
September 29, 2009
July 26, 2010
About the Author
- January 2021 Resource Roundup: Antiracist Books for Every Age Group
- “We did it”—Reflections on Kamala Harris: How we will celebrate her and hold her accountable as our new VP
- Farewell 2020 and Hello 2021 from Mochi
- SPONSORED POST: 9 Resources for Asian American Parents
- December 2020 Resource Roundup: Gift Guide Black-Owned Businesses
Join the Mochi Family
Let's stay in touch.
Get the best of Mochi straight to your inbox!
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.