When we last covered Hana Kim, she was a budding soulful, indie songwriter and musician based in Los Angeles, CA, who released the hit single aptly named “Almost Famous.” Today, Kim is back with a live in-studio EP, which includes the songs “Mexico,” “Give It Up,” “Leave You,” and “Long Distance Call.” She also does a cover of Bon Iver’s “Michichant.” While these collection of songs sound like a breakup album, Kim’s lyrics and vocal twist say otherwise. The song “Mexico,” in particular, showcases Kim’s incredible range as a singer and songwriter. The song not only features the classic guitar, keyboards, and piano, but the xylophone too. Together with Kim’s passionate, jazzy voice, the room fills up with magic. You can experience that magic for yourself here. For more information about Hana Kim and her music, visit http://www.facebook.com/hanakimmusic
September 6, 2019
February 10, 2020
October 31, 2014
About the Author
- George Floyd Global Memorial to Host “Rise & Remember” — How You Can Help
- “If It’s Not Dogs or Waves, She Will Still Likely Face Anxiety”: Empowering My Daughter Through Therapy
- Junie Kim Finds Herself in a Cross-Generational Tale
- “Raya and the Last Dragon”: A Portrait of Trust, Unity and Southeast Asian Culture
- April Resource Roundup: 5 Black Women-Hosted Podcasts to Listen to
Join the Mochi Family
Let's stay in touch.
Get the best of Mochi straight to your inbox!
You have successfully joined our subscriber list.