Mochi's Red Gift Guide for February
February is filled with many red holidays. Not only does the New Lunar Year festivities overlap at the beginning of the month, but the American Heart Association also recognizes February as American Heart Month, not to mention Valentine's Day is around the corner. Bright, bold, and proud, there's no better time to embrace this attention-grabbing color this month. You can show your support for heart disease awareness by wearing a red piece of clothing or accessory every day, get into the spirit of the Dragon by giving red gifts to your family and close friends, or lacquer up your lips and nails with a shade of cherry for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner. Whatever way you decide to celebrate February, red is the way to rock it and we're here to help. Check out our red gift guide for red-themed gift ideas, accessories, and beauty products.
Red Beauty Products
- Nars Lipstick in Shanghai Express: This gorgeous red lipstick goes well with yellow skin tones and is long-lasting. It’s exactly what you need to handle all the feasting that comes along with New Year’s celebrations. The name doesn’t hurt either!
- Wet ‘n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Hot Red: This satin finish lipstick is a bright firecracker red that may need a bit of reapplying but is moisturizing enough to keep your lips from drying out in the winter weather.
- China Glaze nail polish in Ruby Pumps: A red jelly polish packed full of shimmer, Ruby Pumps at the tips of your nails is perfect for warding off bad spirits (and boring manicures).
- Sephora Two Tone Portfolio Brush Set: The gold handles on the brushes and the red case combined make a perfect New Year’s-themed gift.
- Earrings are the perfect red-envelope stuffer—they are a small but still creative gift. Look for red earrings such as these or look through Etsy.com for more unique Lunar New Year red jewelry. Here are some of our favorites: Fire Traditional Chinese New Year Earrings and Red Chinese New Year Earrings.
- Red gloves are a great way to keep hands warm while still getting into the holiday spirit. These red keyhole gloves are warm as well as stylish.
- If you’re not crazy about giving out actual lipstick, take a look at this red lipstick ballpoint pen for your favorite beauty junkie friends.
The (RED) project is aimed at eliminating AIDS and HIV, particularly the spread of HIV from mothers to newborn babies. The specific goal is to have an AIDS-free generation by 2015. You can support (RED) by buying (RED) products, and with each purchase, some of the profits are donated to the fight against AIDS. Here are some of our favorite (RED) products, which make awesome gifts for your loved ones:
- (RED) Beat by Dr. Dre: Get the trendy high-quality headphones in red for somebody worth the splurge. The (RED) headphones are the same price as the regular black or white ones and part of the proceeds go toward a good cause.
- Apple iPad 2 Smart Cover: The (RED) smart cover comes in red Italian leather, but with all the same perks of the regular smart cover—it automatically sleeps and wakes your iPad, folds into a convenient stand, and is lined with microfiber to keep the screen clean.
- FEED Love tote bag: Not only is the bag cute, sturdy, and convenient for anything from groceries to textbooks, but with each purchase, the United Nationals World Food Programme will provide roughly a month of antiretroviral treatment and food for a patient in need. It’s a double win, and a great gift to both your friends and the HIV positive patients who would benefit from the purchase.